Five ZM wrestlers participated in the MN/USA State Greco-Roman and Freestyle Tournament this past weekend. Caden Steffen of Zumbrota placed 1st in both styles and won the triple crown award for winning 3 state titles. He previously won the MN/USA Folkstyle title. Also placing were Ryan Lexvold (2nd/3rd) and Michael Majerus (4th/4th). Also competing were Luke Tupper and Hayden Stensland.
Concordia Team Camp
Info page is here.
- Payment for Concordia camp:
- Make checks to: ZM Wrestling
- If possible, have checks to Link Steffen’s house (353 East 9th St. Zumbrota) by Thursday 22nd. Checks will be deposited Monday 26th.
- Bus info for Concordia: (we will take a bus instead of setting up rides)
- Leaving: Sunday, June 8th at 09:00 from back of Zumbrota HS parking lot
- Coming home: Thursday the 12th arriving behind the ZM HS. Estimated arrival time 4-5 PM
- What to bring to Concordia:
- Extra blanket
- Minimum of 4 sets of shorts and T-shirts. They do laundry nightly but there are several sessions each day
- Keep coolers and food to a minimum, the boys get fed very well
- TV’s, games, computers, you bring at your own risk and they take up a lot of room
- $20-$50 should be more than enough spending money
- Be respectful when packing….it’s only 5 days and wrestling should be the priority
- Open mat/run times (preparation for the camps)
- Wednesday, 5-21, 6:00-7:15 wrestling room (warm-up, stretch, couple matches, little technique, cool down)
- Saturday, 5-24, time and place TBD, Several wrestlers are planning a run/workout. Expect 30-45 minutes of aerobic activity in preparation for upcoming camps. Bring running shoes.
- Sunday, 5-25, 7:00-8:15 wrestling room (warm-up, stretch, couple matches, little technique, cool down)
- Wednesday, 5-28, 6:00-7:15, wrestling room (warm-up, stretch, couple matches, little technique, cool down)
- Saturday, 5-31, time and place TBD. Several wrestlers are planning a run/workout. Expect 30-45 minutes of aerobic activity in preparation for upcoming camps. Bring running shoes