Our home youth tournament is this Friday night at the high school in Zumbrota. If your wrestler is participating (we encourage everyone to do so and entry fee is covered by the club), we need their signed registration form Monday night at practice. You can print off a form here.
Youth wrestling activities for this week are below.
- Monday: Practice. PreK thru 3rd from 5:30 to 6:30. 4th thru 6th from 6:30 to 7:30.
- Thursday: Open mat from 6:00 to 7:00 for all grades.
- Friday: Home tournament. Please arrive at 5:30 for skin and nail check. We have weights from registration night and will be weighing kids at practice on Monday for those we missed. Wrestling starts at 6:30.
- Saturday: Go watch the JV/V in Zumbrota for their home tournament!
- Sunday, January 19: Youth Open in Hayfield.
As explained in practice last Monday, we are having a friendly competition by charting how many practices and tournaments each kid attends. There is a bulletin board to the immediate right when you enter the wrestling room. Before or after practice the kids can shade in a square for that practice or a tourney they attended over the previous weekend. We will be recognizing the top participants at our end of the year party.
21+ youth wrestled in open tournaments this weekend. In Eyota on Saturday were: Gunner and Tanner Mancilman, Sam and Isaac Moore, Ben and Landon Flaaen, Cain and Ryan Lexvold, Kaleb and Blake Lochner, Ionee and Beau Jurrens, Ben Murray, Nathan Haltom, Jack Haglund, Jack Smothers, Kevin Majerus, Ashtom Macht, Ethan Kovars, and Henry Morgan. Cole Poncelet wrestled in Mankato.
The ZM youth team wrestled in Chatfield on Sunday and placed 2nd! What an exciting day of wrestling!
From row: Lucas Schiell, Ashton Macht, Jack Krier, Mason Edstrom, Jent Beyer, Gabe Tupper, Sam Nelson, John Poulin, Beau Jurrens, Michael Majerus.
Back row: Tanner Mancilman, Ethan Kovars, Cole Poncelet, Spencer Krohn, Jack Haglund, Andrew Banitt, Kevin Majerus, Luke Krier.