The 2013 5002 Club was introduced Friday night in front of the varsity crowd. There were 15 wrestlers who completed the requirements to become a member. They are:
- Jack Haglund
- Tanner Mancilman
- Blake Lochner
- Kaleb Lochner
- Cain Lexvold
- Ryan Lexvold
- Ethan Kovars
- Cole Poncelet
- Gabe Tupper
- Isaiah O’Reilly
- Macallister Bengtson
- Andrew Banitt
- Luke Krier
- Jack Krier
- Michael Majerus
Congrats boys! (Don’t miss the photo of Coach Krier in the slideshow above. Photos courtesy of Lacey “Faye Haugen” Lexvold)
Youth wrestling activities for this week are below.
- Open Mat: Monday, December 9th from 6:00-7:00 PM in the Mazeppa wrestling room. Any wrestler looking for a little extra mat time is welcome to attend.
- Scrimmage with KW: Friday, December 13th starting at 5:30 PM in the Mazeppa wrestling room. Please arrive at 5:15. If your wrestler is not signed up and would like to participate, please e-mail email@example.com. We will be looking for parent volunteers to help referee and keep score.
- Watch the Varsity take on KW: After the scrimmage, watch the varsity take on their rivals from KW! Have your wrestler bring an item for the local food shelf to the wrestling match and they will be entered in a drawing.
- Tournaments: Byron and St. Charles on Saturday, December 14th. Both are afternoon tournaments. Pine Island tournament on Sunday, December 15th. All details available on The Guillotine calendar.
Youth wrestling activities for this week are below.
- Open Mat: Monday, December 2nd from 6:00-7:00 PM in the Mazeppa wrestling room. Any wrestler looking for a little extra mat time is welcome to attend.
- Scrimmage with CF: Friday, December 6th starting at 5:30 PM in the Mazeppa wrestling room. Please arrive at 5:15. We’ll be having our 5002 Club members wrestle first so they are done by the time they need to be introduced. If your wrestler is not signed up and would like to participate, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be looking for parent volunteers to help referee and keep score.
- 5002 Club Recognition: Friday, December 6th at 6:00 PM in Mazeppa large gym. Full details are here.
- Tournaments: Stewartville and Waseca on Saturday, December 7th. Details available on The Guillotine calendar.
2013 summer 5002 calendar
I’ve attached a ‘5002 calendar’ for those who want to try 5002 for next season.
5002 night Itinerary:
-please have your 5002 wrestler wear a ZM wrestling t-shirt
-have them there by 6:00pm
-6:30-6:45 we will meet by the south wall (by concessions) I will explain what we are to do
-6:45ish I will walk the 2013 5002 club members onto mat, introduce what 5002 is, then introduce them!
-I will also present the boys with their new ‘5002 shirts’ in which they will put on at this time
This is one of my favorite nights of the year! Please pump your little up for it…they’ve earned it!
If you are looking for the word find (last page) please contact me at 507-358-1344. I only have hard copies left.
Our youth wrestlers have the opportunity to scrimmage during two home Varsity/JV meets in Mazeppa this December. Preliminary details are below. Please e-mail email@example.com if your wrestler(s) would like to participate. If your wrestler did not get weighed on registration night, please include their weight in the e-mail so we can pair them with other wrestlers accordingly. We’ll need parent volunteers for referees and table workers. Please let us know if you can help!
Friday, December 6th vs. Cannon Falls
Friday, December 13th vs. KW & PI
Wrestlers should arrive at 5:15. Start scrimmages at 5:30. We should be done no later than 7. Scrimmages will be held in the new wrestling room.
The first scrimmage is also 5002 club night. We’ll make sure to be done by the time those wrestlers get introduced to the crowd.
Last chance to order singlets and warm ups for your youth wrestler is tomorrow, November 19th @ 3PM. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your order.
Registration for Pre-K through 6th grade wrestlers is Monday, November 11th at 6:30 PM in the Mazeppa gym. The registration form is available here.
At the meeting, we’ll walk through:
- Coaching and program philosophy
- Practice, open mat, scrimmage, and tournament schedules
- Opportunity to order singlets and warm ups (not a must)
- New web site
- Kwik Trip family accounts (earn money to cover wrestling expenses!)
And we’ll serve cookies and juice so parents, wrestlers, and coaches can get to know each
other. See you tomorrow!
Congratulations to the following wrestlers for competing at the Preseason Nationals in Iowa this past weekend!
Back row from left to right in Photo:
Cody Heitman (1-2)
Joey Majerus (Did not wrestle)
Jacob Bennett (2-2)
Devin Manzy (0-2)
Caden Steffen (3-1)
Chase Steffen (Did not wrestle)
Front row from left to right:
Tyler Sotau (1-2)
Ryan Lexvold (0-2)
Micheal Majerus (2-2)
Hayden Stensland (3-2)
Spencer Defrang (2-2)
Nice job boys…ZM wrestling fans/parents are very proud of you! Your hard work will be rewarded! It’s amazing the guys who attend these tournaments and put in extra time end up wrestling in state tournaments and winning championships….keep up the good work!